Friday, August 04, 2006

Duff feline product of the week


The claim:
Want to have a reeeeaaaally, reeeeaaaally good time with your cat?... mixes the wacky scent of catnip with the interactive fun of bubbles. Pure, frantic fun.

The reality:
The bubbles either pop immediately or fall leadenly to the carpet, leaving a nasty green stain. The cats are staring at me, as if to say, what piece of idiocy is she up to now? And what's the wet, soapy stuff? Eww.

Mits writes: I like jumping and catching things. I do quite a lot of catnip (please understand that I don't have a *problem* with catnip. I can come off it any time I want. Really I can. Ooh, is that my tail?). I had high hopes for this product. But frankly, it's boring, the catnip has been cut so much it's completely useless and I don't like being dripped on. Unless you can provide decent grass or a proper toy, just leave me alone or I'll drop more books on your head.

4 Comments:

Blogger Moominmama said...

I think Mitts should pursue a career in marketing.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

My lovely two boys love playing with bubbles. I bought a similar product figuring it would drive themd doubly crazy, wearing them out and allowing this human to sleep through the night. The catnip made no difference. Save yourself the green carpet stains and a bit of money - just buy regular kids bubbles and let the kitties go bonkers.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Raffles and Mooncake view these with distain too. (I note that you fail to mention the fact that the bubbles smell dreadful too; I like the smell of catnip. These do not smell of catnip.)

The cats do, however, like the plastic wrapping that individual Amaretti come in. I have given up buying them toys and instead allow them the pick of the litter bin.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Liz, my cats seem to be unimpressed with the plethora of cat toys out there too. If given the choice between a very expensive fur lined, catnip stuffed fake mouse, and a plain, run of the mill plastic bottle cap...they'd much rather play fetch with the bottle cap. Go figure.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home